Friday, June 12, 2009

It's true, I live in a house



I can't believe it. We are home owners! The process has been exhausting, but you live you learn. I am so grateful that I have this house and no longer am an apartment dweller. We got a bank owned house so it does need some work but who's complaining? At least I don't have to carry my 2 kids, groceries, and laundry up 15 steps. I could go on too. There is an amazing breeze that my apartment lacked. The kitchen...I love it! The drawers pull out. I finally have a nursery. I have always wanted one that didn't double as an office. Oh, and my bedroom doesn't double as an office either, it's just a bedroom. Many day to day things in my life just got easier. I became a complainer living in my apartment. There were about 20 people living with in 20 ft. of my apartment(most of them 10ft.) and I don't think any of them had a job. There were people home making noise all day long and the lack of any breeze made it necessary to have the windows open. Only a mother with a napping baby can appreciate how annoying that is. I am just so NOT annoyed anymore. I have the nicest neighbors who are perfectly quiet. Even still, they live far enough from me that it doesn't matter. Now we just have to figure out how to make our house payment...to be continued(we've only been here 3 weeks).

12 comments:

Roz said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATS! What great news. Is it in HB still? This is very exciting news.....

Boyce said...

Congrats...home dwelling is nice! Your house reminds me of the Harts old house...funny!

Lisa said...

It reminds of the old Hart's house too! the layout inside is different but I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Lisa said...

Yes it is in HB! Can you believe it? Only a mile from the beach too.

Sara said...

Hooray for you! Finally owning a home makes you feel more like a grown up...not that 2 kids didn't help that too. haha! So happy for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats! It's very cute and beachy. Now I just need to get up there and see it!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Seriously - SO AWESOME! We will need to get all your insider knowledge! But really we need to come see your place - it's ridiculous that we haven't yet!

diana said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! But totally jealous too. . . it feels like my bedroom with be doubling as an office forever.

Are you still in the 7th ward?

Elise said...

AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you guys! I was just reading your post and dreaming of how nice that would be!

Heather said...

Lisee, congratulations!!! It's beautiful. I'm excited to see more pics of projects I'm sure are already in the works :) Hope you're doing great!!!

Heather said...

Lisee, congratulations!!! It's beautiful. I'm excited to see more pics of projects I'm sure are already in the works :) Hope you're doing great!!!

Jon and Emily said...

Congratulations Lis!!! I hope to see it in "real life" someday!