Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day-cation





It took me 2 hours to find my former self. Maybe longer. My legs were stiff I was scared. I was the slow person. After falling and getting a small case of whiplash I wanted to go home. But I got up, we drove all this way. Mammoth is 4 hours there and 4 hours back from my parents where we left the kids that morning. I had to get up. I used to love this what happened? Where was I, I mean me? The person who was fun and good at snowboarding was just a whisper compared to the bah humbug who was a much, much louder voice. I've been pregnant or nursing for the last 3 years so I haven't gone much. So, I got up and kept going. I was better than Jamin at this I taught him how to snowboard and right now it was him teaching me. I had to go my own way for a while until I remembered what I was doing but I came back. Soon enough I was flying down the mountain and loving it! I forgot how much fun snowboarding was. Like, I remember telling myself I liked it but at this moment I can still feel how much I like it. Mammoth was great! The day was sunny and beautiful. The snow was great and it was not crowded. We even parked really close to the lift which made it easy to get stuff or put stuff away. I loved it! The eight hours of driving was worth it after a day like that. I really needed it, just to see Me again. I miss me sometimes.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

OH how I miss me too!! Okay I'm throwing this out there right now....next winter, cabin for the weekend, our good friends, a lot of snowboarding and NO BABIES! I promise not to have another one between now and then ;)

Dawn said...

i mean after the one i'm going to have in a FEW DAYS!! r u scared for me?!

Lisa said...

I am so down for that and yes I am scared for you.

Mandee said...

I can so relate to this- my husband thinks that my snowboarding when I was single is a complete farce. I just don't have the guts to get out there as a 34 year old mom and do that. So I am proud of you for not only going, but for getting up when finding "you" again!

Merry Christmas!

Elise said...

I was so happy for you while reading this post!!! Oh man I can so relate! (not to snowboarding, but you know what I mean). Oh the freedom. . . I crave it now!

DiceyWeiss said...

That was lovely. I loved the you that you used to know, too. I don't know the mommy you well, but I am glad the two yous came to an agreement!