Monday, October 22, 2007

Kauai Vacation



I've never been to Kauai until this year. I've heard that it is a boring island and that there is not much to do. I don't know who I was talking to but they were wrong! We were there for 11 days and there is still so much we didn't do. We went with Jamin's sister, her husband,their son, and Jamin's mom. We stayed in Poipu which was perfect for little Zoë and also great for snorkeling and jumping off cliffs. Which I did, although it took me a good 5 minutes once I got up there. It was seriously 60 ft. There were some drunk guys heckling me on the shore to jump. What's a girl to do? Of courese, I wouldn't have been so free to do activities if Merry, Jamin's mom was not with us. She was a big help. My biggest anxiety with bringing Zoë on the trip was dealing with the time change. I stress out when I don't get enough sleep. I'm sure there's counseling for that but it is what it is. Luckily for my mental health she adjusted great. She's got a little internal time zone clock. All in all it was an amazing trip. We hiked the Napali coast and several water falls-Kipu falls, Wailua(sp?) falls, and the Kapakapsomethingerother falls. We went zip lining which disappointed Jamin because it wasn't scary enough. It was still beautiful and fun even though I wasn't fearing for my life. Polihale beach was a little treasure. 17 miles of hot(and I mean HOT) sand beaches that there is no commercial anything. Hopefully it stays that way. Land developers are going crazy on the south shore right now. I hope they stop. I don't want to go an vacation to look at another free way and strip mall.

4 comments:

f*bomb. said...

O MY GOSH! That is SO amazing! This is better than one of those "vacation video" commercials.
SIGN ME UP.

Jon and Emily said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have a blog! Careful, it's addicting. Who the H told you Kauai was boring? It's one of my favs! Jon and I went their for our honeymoon and had so much fun. My favorite part was our hike along the Napali coast line to all the secluded beaches. Jon and I amost ate it so many times on that wet mud and when he finally did fall, I pee'd my pants! Love the video clips.

Anonymous said...

I love the video!! I have some clips from the boys jumping off the crazy cliff if Jamin wants to add it. We're ready for another trip!!

Riewerts' said...

Majestic