Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Friends to creatures great and small




I can't ever remember the day anymore but some day not too long ago we decided it would be fun to feed the squirrels or at least go look at them. There is a long patch of grass by our house that is home to many squirrels and we told Zoe we would take her to see them. My experience with squirrels has been with the timid ones. I have to say I was a little scared and feared that one might quickly scamper up my arm and perch itself on my shoulder. These squirrels were psycho and more aggressive than I've ever seen one be! As we raced away on our bikes I seriously looked behind me to see if we were being chased. Maybe it's evolution? Kind of like teenage girls?

3 comments:

Tamara Atkin said...

This is why they tell you not to feed animals in the wild. You know this rule with seagulls, why would you think squirrels would be any different? It's not a lesson you want to learn from trial and error with a bear. Just imagine your squirrel experience if they were ten times bigger and deadly.

Lisa said...

I am pretty sure I wouldn't take a family trip to feed the bears.

Dixons said...

I'm totally laughing out loud as I picture this! Thanks for making me smile. ;)