Monday, April 26, 2010

Easter! Easter!Easter!





Easter is still going on here at the Duncan household several weeks later. The whole concept of eggs being hidden and then finding them again has not lost it's appeal. Zoe begs for me to hide the eggs and toys throughout the day. Most of the time she hides them herself and then hunts them. Somehow, that version of hunting is great too. I am torn as to whether I should just put the eggs away completely so I don't have to deal with them anymore or continue to let them entertain her even though I am over hiding easter eggs or talking about eggs or having egg parties. Easter itself was a great day. Zoe was up early too excited to sleep. It was conference weekend so we didn't get dressed up for church which is why my kids are in there jammies. Jamin thought we should wait until after church to hunt easter eggs next year so HE can get a little more sleep. Well decorating them the night before was fun. Zoe mostly enjoyed putting stickers on them and we dyed them. Jude was not allowed to participate because he likes to dump cups out or drink out of them and the eggs he would have thrown on the ground. Next year little guy, it's all you. He was great at hunting them though. I was impressed and Zoe of course, hunted like a champ. I just can't resist getting into all of the holidays when I've got Zoe who has the greatest enthusiasm for them. They are both growing up too fast. Zoe is starting to act like a teenager at times and is using my own parenting tactics against me. The other day I asked Zoe where her shoes where and she replied,"mom you have to use your detective skills", something I say to her all of the time. Jude is just talking up a storm. He repeats whatever he hears, which can backfire, but mostly it's adorable. He is the happiest little guy. He gives hugs and big smiles in abundance. He loves his sister and follows what ever she does. They are best buds. It is so fun right now being their mom. So many fun moments that humble me and make want to be better I have witnessed as of late.

2 comments:

Hoagland Family said...

Love the Pj's with shoes.

Danrley said...

que linda familia!!!