Wednesday, December 3, 2008


So, we finally joined the many families around here and purchased Disneyland passes. I actually really like Disneyland when it isn't obnoxiously crowded. Our little Zoe loves many Disney movies that she got to memorize while I was sick or on bed rest this year. She gets so excited when she sees a Buzz Lightyear or a Woody doll. There's a lot more where that came from, there is a place so dedicated to these characters she has grown to love I couldn't wait to see how her 2 year old mind would react. We also figured it was something we could do as a family. We seem limited on activities we can all enjoy but Disneyland seemed ideal. I guess that is why it is so busy. To inaugurate our Disneyland pass holder status we decided to spend Thanksgiving day there.

In the morning we had a character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. It was pure entertainment. The food was so-so but great for kids. Zoe actually ate food there, it's a miracle. Disney characters walk around the tables giving people the opportunity to take pictures with them. Zoe was in awe. When they got close however; her awe turned to fear.

To "take cover"

Jude wasn't scared

When there wasn't a character to cower from Zoe was wondering where they were and wanted one to come back and visit.


Once inside the park it was a toddlers wonderland. If only her parents would let her run freely would it have been better for her. I think I had more fun watching Zoe than anything. Jude of course was a trooper just hanging out in the car seat or sling. I hate to say it but I buy into the whole Disney magic.

7 comments:

Racie said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad things are good with you guys!! :) PS... I found a couple notes from you the other day from when we were roommates. I miss you!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

I'm so excited! We have passes too - so let's do date night! So fun!

Tamara Atkin said...

I am super excited to experience the magic Jan 22 thru 24. I'll see you there.

Tamara Atkin said...

Amy talked me into joining facebook. Your sister is on my friends list and you are not. But Amy Banfield Eyre is. Also Bob Canning is on my list but not Carolyn. It's wierd but it does make you want to talk people into joining.

Jon and Emily said...

And here I am buried in 4 feet of snow, freezing my arse off!
I can't believe it took you so long to buy the pass?
You guys look great!

Kathleen said...

We went to Disneyland over Christmas. I was so not looking forward to it. It turned out to be my favorite visit to Disneyland. I actually miss it and want to go back. So I guess we've both bought into the magic. Why did it take me until I was 36??

Boyce said...

So cute and so fun! I always talk like I'm not into the Disney magic but I went to Disney World last year and I LOVED it. The magic totally sucked me in and I loved every minute of it!