Tuesday, January 27, 2009






I don't know how time has gotten away from me, but it has. The holidays have come and gone(along with my sleep) and I no longer have a newborn. My children are growing up so fast. Zoe is taking a dance class and is starting pre-school. Jude, I am pretty sure weighs 16 lbs. and wears 6-9 months clothes although; he is only 16 weeks. I have completely slacked off on my blogging. Why?, one might ask. Have I been in Europe, Hawaii, away from my home unable to post? The answer is a very truthful, NO. Perhaps mentally though. Sleep deprivation in new mothers I believe is kind of like Madri Gras; one cannot be held accountable for ones action during such times. So I guess the best answer is I have not been myself lately. Women with many children probably laugh at that because they haven't slept in a long time but you have to admit, it is hard at first. What is funny, I just love my little boy who wakes me up at night. He is so sweet. I guess that is what being a mother is. I was thinking about the other day. You know how Shakespeare wrote, "All the worlds a stage". My whole life I have been the lead roll in my own play, but as a mother I am now in the supporting roll in my children's plays. My job is to help their stories be good ones. What a great roll, I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you how much I appreciated your comment - now that you are a mother you are in the supporting role - making sure their story is good!! So true! Thanks for that sweet reminder!

Amy Coontz said...

I second that!! And you do not need any excuse for not blogging!! Just one more thing we have added to our duties!! Are we all crazy?

Boyce said...

Hi Lisa....your family is so cute. What adorable kids you have...Jude is growing up so fast....Thanks for sharing the pics and your Mom thoughts...very fun!

Elise said...

What darling photos of your kids and what a great post!

The Stovalls said...

Jude looks so grown up in those big boy clothes. So cute!

paul&chelsey said...

I'm so glad you posted! Don't worry, I don't even have 2 kids and I've been a fog for a month- absolutely no excuse for it! Jude is HUGE already! Plus he's super cute. He looks like Zoe, but a little different. We're coming up next weekend- hope to see you and your crew!

Jon and Emily said...

Lis! Jude is adorable! 2 is crazy, huh? And I'm crazy enough to be trying for #3! What's wrong with me?