Monday, December 31, 2007

Merry Christmas



We spent Christmas in Edmonds, Washington outside Seattle. The plane ride there was uneventful other than we were stuck in the very last row(the ones that don't recline) with a toddler. We went to dinner in down town on the water called,"Salty's" for Jamin's mother's birthday. It was delicious and the view was amazing. We shopped in the very first Nordstroms. They sold some exclusive Chanel perfume that I totally bought into but practiced self control. Zoë was denied any sort of routine most of the trip which is probably why she slept so poorly at night. We decorated cookies Christmas eve. Christmas morning it snowed. We only bought presents for the kids among the family this year with Jamin's family. I thought it worked out nicely. We had a list of things he wanted so we didn't waste money on something he wouldn't like. The day after Christmas we drove to Leavenworth, a Bavarian town that celebrates Christmas all year long. It is a really cute place. All the buildings have lights on them and there is a little hill for kids to sled down. It was a great time. The next day we went snowboarding at Stevens Pass. Let me just say the snow was amazing. It snowed the entire day which meant POWDER! Snowboarding was soooo fun. It is seriously one of my favorite things to do. Jamin and I were just figuring out how we can do it more often. We need someone to watch our child. The flight home the following day was ridiculous! Our flight was delayed almost 2 hours not because our plane was having tech. difficulty or it wasn't there. Our pilots were late. There was no one to fly the plane but they boarded us anyway(not very fun with a toddler as I'm sure some of you know) we had a layover in LA . We missed our connecting flight because of our delay so my dear sister Dana drove all the way to LAX to pick us up so we didn't have to sit around for another 3 hours for another flight. We still had to pick up our freight of luggage form Orange county but it was so good to be home. It was so good to sleep in my own bed again. I can still remember the days I could sleep anywhere. I miss that girl but not as much as I miss a good nights sleep.

2 comments:

The Stovalls said...

What beautiful pictures. One day you'll forget the lack of sleep and just remember Zoe's love for the snow!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

I'm glad you guys are back!!! That town looks absolutely adorable! Also - I totally got addicted to guitar hero this vacation so we will have to ROCK!