Friday, March 28, 2008

My Eggo is Prego




If anyone has seen Juno, and you've been pregnant don't you think they left out some very important consequences of being pregnant? The movie did mention heartburn but said nothing of the hormonal trauma, the weird veins that pop out on your body, did I mention the crying? Am I alone in this? I did enjoy Juno but thought it was misleading to any teenage girl thinking being pregnant and giving the child away isn't really that hard. It would be hard. I think anyone who has actually gone through it could attest to that fact. The hormones involved alone make a lot crazy. Not to mention the disrepair your body is in afterward. Anyway, I digress. There is good news especially for me. I am either in or am about to start my second trimester. Being pregnant never seems real for me until I see it. I hadn't heard this baby's heartbeat yet so today was a big day. I think it is innate for a mother to worry but I was verclemnt(sp?) to see my little one has a heartbeat and all of it's limbs. The baby measured 13 weeks and 3 days which is a week off from what we thought it was. It's up to my doctor to determine what my due date is but that's not until next week. There is a 60% chance of accuracy on determining the gender at this stage. The ultrasound tech determined it was a boy. 60% is pretty close to 50% which is what it is anyway right? So, I think I'll wait until I'm a little farther along for conformation. I'm not dying to know yet anyway, but I will be...

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so happy to see the announcement is official! And a "BOY" It's amazing how many people I know pregnant right now are having boys. It makes me wish I were pregnant to join all of you having boys. I want another but not sure I can handle another emotional girl! Congrats Duncan family:) You are a beautiful family!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!

Mama Bear said...

Hooray! Glad everything looks good so far! I can't wait to find out for sure if you'll be having a little guy! I'll a bit jealous, but mostly excited for you...promise! :)

The Stovalls said...

Congratulations!

Dixons said...

I think of Juno every time I get an ultrasound. So funny... Anyway, hope you're over the morning sickness and feeling better! Keep us posted!!!

Rubymelt said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you. I hope the pregnancy continues to go well. Love you tons!!

The Keenans said...

Congratulations! 60% IS really close to 50%, so I'll keep checking back for confirmation...

Jon and Emily said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Zoe is going to love having a little play buddy!!

Heather said...

Lisee . . .

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully you're starting to feel better and I hope you get a boy . . . you'd love it!!
Heather

Emily C said...

HEY LISA!! i'm so glad i checked your blog to read the exciting news!! congratulations!!! hope you are doing well.

-emily