Wednesday, September 3, 2008

36 weeks

People always say that every pregnancy is different. I didn't really believe it until now. I just figured that things would go similarly to my first pregnancy which was fairly easy and virtually painless(until after). Lately I have been having cramps and contractions that wake me up at night. They of course go away by morning. I had a doctors appt. yesterday and he said that I am dilated to a 2 and am 50% effaced. He thinks I'll go early. I decided to look on line to see what others had gone through in similar conditions. Many blogs had women complaining because they were at this stage for 3 weeks. Not what I want to hear. Really, the only problem is that I would like to sleep and be comfortable otherwise Oct. 1st is a much more acceptable date for me. Isn't that funny? I actually care what date he arrives on. I like Oct. 1st. Zoe was born on Aug.1st, my birthday is Sept. 1st, our anniversary is on Nov.1st. How easy it would be to stay organized in the important event category? Anyway, that's just my update it is interestingly insignificant. I could have this baby anytime now or I could have him in 4 weeks. This diagnosis does not satisfy my need to know everything.

9 comments:

Elise said...

Hm hm hm (that was more of a "sympathy" chuckle than a "laugh at you" chuckle). Bless your heart, you need sleep! The unkowns are the pits aren't they? You seem to be handling it very well, actually. Every time I see you, you have a smile on your face. Maybe that's because it is either smile, or break down in tears of frustration??? You are a trooper and soon (it's all relative) you will have a bouncing baby boy!

Emily C said...

hope everything works out for you!!

Jon and Emily said...

I had no idea you have OCD!!!
By the way, my birthday's April
1st! :)

Becca said...

the last few weeks will fly by!!!Enjoy your last few days with just you and Zoe and try not to cry as much as I did when I really sat and thought about how nothing will be the same!

I wish I had a solution to your pains! Just goes with the territory!I swear it starts when you pee on a stick and ends oh about when they graduate I'm guessing!

Best of luck to you!!!And man is Zoe a cutie!!!So big!

Heather said...

Lisee that's great, you're making progress. All my kids came early and I would always start dialating at 36 weeks with no contractions. Just think you'll be able to get that epidural right away. Good Luck!!

Hoagland Family said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

That is really good that your already at a 2 and 50%. I would be more happy for you, but I'm the same and my due date is like in 2 days!!
I will call you soon so we can catch up!!!!

Racie said...

Glad you're doing better! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little one.

Mama Bear said...

You look great, even though you may not feel great! I'm sure your little guy will be here soon enough! We can't wait to meet him!

Andrea Peterson said...

is it kind of lame to use blog commentary as a contact method? sorry! - But...email me anyway. We need to chat peterson.andrea@gmail.com.